Emergency Carpet Spill Guide
1. Using white absorbent cloth or paper towels, blot up or scoop up as much of the spill as possible. Never rub. Rubbing can alter the texture of the carpet.
2. Apply (without over wetting) clean warm (not hot) water to stained area. Blot up firmly to remove as much moisture as possible. Repeat until there's no stain or no further transfer of stain.
3. If spot remains on carpet, apply (without over wetting) a small amount of 'All Decor Spot Cleaner'. Blot and repeat. Rinse with a clear moist towel.
4. IMPORTANT STEP: Blot up the detergent. Then apply clear warm water (without over wetting) Blot up water. Once again apply clear warm water. Blot up water. Repeat until all detergent is removed. Detergent residue accelerates re-soiling!
5. Absorb remaining moisture with layers of white paper towels weighted down overnight with a non-staining glass or ceramic object.
6. When completely dry, vacuum or brush the pile to restore texture. After drying, if the stain reappears, it may be because some of the stain remained deep in the pile and "wicked" up to the surface. If so, repeat steps 3 to 6. If the stain remains, give us a call.
Identify the source of the stain. Check the list below for stain type and its corresponding letter(s). Follow the lettered instructions under "Complex". All numbers relate to the steps under "Basic". Regardless of source, immediately clean up as much stain as possible.
Acne Medicine G
Candle Wax E
Carbon Black G
Chewing Gum E
Cough Syrup D
Drain Cleaner G
Foundation makeup A
Furniture Polish A
Furniture Stain A
Glue - Hobby A
Glue, White B
Grease, Auto A
Grease, Food A
Hair Oil A
Hair Spray A
Hand Lotion A
Ice Cream B
Ink, Ball Point Pen A
Ink, Marking Pen A
Linseed Oil A
Machine Oil A
Mixed Drinks (Liqueurs) G
Nail Polish D
Paint, Latex D
Paint, Oil D
Paper Mache D
Paste Wax D
Petroleum Jelly D
Rubber Cement D
Shoe Polish D
Toilet Cleaner D
Wine, White D
A. Follow 1. Then apply dry cleaning solvent (available at a hardware store or the cleaning aisle of your supermarket). Follow instructions and precautions on container. Then follow 2-6.
B. Follow 1-3. Then apply solution of clear, white, non-suds ammonia (2 tbs. to 1 qt. water), Blot with clean white cloth or paper towels. Repeat 3. Then 4-6.
C. Follow 1-4. Then apply solution of white vinegar (2 tbs. vinegar to 1 qt. water). Blot with clean white cloth or paper towels. Repeat 3. Then 4-6.
D. Follow 1-3. Then apply solution of white vinegar (2 tbs. vinegar to 1 qt. water) and blot. Next apply solution of clear, white, non-suds ammonia (2 tbs. to 1 qt. water) and blot. Repeat 3.
E. Freeze area with ice cubes. Shatter solid mass with blunt instrument. Vacuum up pieces. Follow 3-6.
F. Test nail polish remover on an obscure non-visible section of carpet to see if it removes color. If not, apply remover and blot. Repeat if necessary.
G. Follow 1-4. If stain remains, apply dry cleaning solvent (follow instructions and precautions on container). Repeat 3 & 4.
Then 5 & 6.
H. Vacuum thoroughly. If needed, follow 1-6. Note: If these procedures do not work for you, consult a carpet care professional.
All Decor makes no guarantee as to the efficacy of any stain or spill treatment or method. This information is provided as a community service and you carry out any of these procedures at your own risk. All Decor will not be held liable for any misadventure or damage to your flooring caused by following these steps.
If you have damaged carpet purchased from All Decor and believe you may be covered by warranty please call us on 08 9964 4233.